* Traditionally, maple trees sap was gathered by setting buckets under a tap, but with new technology, tubes are more effectively used to gather up double the amount of sap.
* The actual maple season runs for about five to six weeks, beginning in February and running potentially until the first week in April.
* The about 2 million taps throughout the state only represent 2 percent of all available trees.
* The most popular time to purchase maple syrup is around the holidays, mainly Thanksgiving and Christmas.
* Maple sap is 2 percent sugar, but during the evaporation process to make syrup the ideal, the sugar percentage is 67.