Click inside to see our preview of the 2012 Democratic National Convention.
Here are five things to know about the 2012 Democratic National Convention:
1. The convention takes place from Monday until Thursday. Monday, Labor Day, began with activities surrounding CarolinaFest. President Barack Obama will accept the Democratic Party's nomination Thursday.
2. This year's convention takes place in Charlotte, N.C. The 2008 convention - when Obama became the party’s first African-American nominee for president - was held in Denver.
3. The keynote speaker at this year's convention is Julian Castro. Other notable speakers include Vice President Joe Biden, former President Bill Clinton, former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist (an ex-Republican), Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Caroline Kennedy, first lady Michelle Obama and Massachusetts Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren.
4. Obama and Biden will be running to become the third duo in a row to win re-election (following George W. Bush/Dick Cheney and Clinton/Al Gore). The last incumbent Democrat president to not win re-election was Jimmy Carter in 1980.
5. The dates of this year's convention caused the NFL to move its kickoff game from Thursday to Wednesday.
Watch the latest videos from convention coverage here: