As small business owners and entrepreneurs we are constantly thinking of ways to brand and market our businesses. The image we portray to our customers defines who we are and what we are even before that very first sale. It differentiates us from our competition and helps to make us a household name. Top of mind awareness (TOPA) is always the goal.
Here are some ideas to get you started in the right direction telling your story.
1. Have your basic business materials created by a professional. Creating a business card from Print Shop 3 shows as a business card from Print Shop 3 while it’s always obvious when a business card has been created by a professional. Likewise, unless you are a graphic arts major, have your company logo created by a professional. Keep it clean and fresh.
2. Reach out into your community to sponsor events and develop a good name. Folks love supporting businesses that support the communities where they are housed.
3. Hit the road and introduce yourself. There is no better way for people to get to know you and what you do than by talking directly to them. Try speaking to a Rotary Group or a Chamber of Commerce. Search out groups.
4. Sponsor an event. This can be a fundraising event for a charity or a networking or social event.
5. Consider product giveaways which are always a crowd favorite.
6. Write articles (like this one!) or submit articles defining you as a leading authority in your business.
7. Partner with a bigger, stronger or better known brand on a project. Collaborate and promote each other. Then do it again.
8. Team up with an affiliate and promote your services together. Like a photographer and a certain camera company, or a chef and a food product. It’s a win/win for each of you.
Branding drives your product to success!