Lighter, warm-weather fare doesn't mean a boring bed of lettuce. There are plenty of delicious ways to get creative with your leafy greens. Here are a few tips:
* Go nuts: Almonds, pecans and walnuts provide flavor, body and crunch, giving your salad the perfect boost.
* Add veggies: Snap peas provide a fresh and delicious crunch, and cucumbers are a cool and refreshing addition.
* A fruitful effort: Dried or fresh fruits provide sweet and tart flavors to complement the more bitter varieties of leafy greens, like arugula. Try mixing dried cranberries and walnuts for a great one-two punch.
* Say cheese: The right cheeses provide a rich and savory boost to your salad. Feta works well with a vinaigrette dressing, and freshly shredded Parmesan is a great way to top off almost any salad.
* Fire up the grill: Beef up your salad with a cut of fine meat, marinated in your favorite dressing. Then, drizzle the dressing on your salad, too.