UTICA — Mohawk Valley Community College will continue to offer a variety of noncredit adult aquatic classes this spring through its Center for Corporate and Community Education.
Classes will take place at the MVCC Utica campus pool. Students will be able to choose from Water Aerobics, Water Running, Aqua Zumba and fitness swim classes.
• Water Aerobics: This shallow water exercise, set to music, can help participants lose inches while toning and strengthening all of the body’s major muscle groups. Choose from Monday, Wednesday and/or Friday mornings from 9 to 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., or Monday evenings from 7 to 8 p.m. The first session will begin the week of Jan. 27 and the cost is $55. Sign up for all three morning classes for $129 and save.
• Water Running: Participants of all abilities wear a flotation belt to enhance the effect of running combined with a variety of exercises to achieve an overall workout. Classes run Monday, Wednesday and/or Friday mornings from 10 to 11 a.m. and Wednesday evenings from 5 to 6 p.m. The first session will begin the week of Jan. 27 and the cost is $55. Sign up for all three morning classes for $129 and save.
• Aqua Zumba: Aqua Zumba is a water-based workout that’s cardio-conditioning and body-toning. The class runs Wednesday evenings from 6 to 7 p.m. The first 10-week session will begin on Jan. 29 and the cost is $59.
• Lane and Lap Lovers Swim: This fitness swimming class offers an aerobic workout. Students may swim at their own pace and in their own space. The class runs Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 8:15 to 9 a.m. and will begin on Jan. 27. The cost is $65
• Competitive Lap and Fitness Swim: Participants who want to stay in shape for the off season will receive instruction in competitive swim strokes, turns, starts and then swim laps on their own. The class runs Thursday evenings from 7 to 8 p.m. The first session will begin Jan. 30. The cost is $60.
• Beginning Swim for Adults: This program is for adults and teens who would like to learn the basic fundamentals of swimming and/or conquer a fear of the water. The class runs Thursday evenings from 6 to 7 p.m. and will begin Jan. 30. The cost is $70.
• Advanced Beginning Swim for Adults: Students will increase their aquatic abilities by adding to skills learned in the beginning course, including the front crawl and backstroke. The class runs Tuesday evenings from 7 to 8 p.m. The first session will begin Jan. 28. The cost is $70.
Enrollment for these classes is limited and will be taken on a first come basis. For information or to register, call 792-5300 or visit mvcc.edu/cced. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday.